Saturday, May 27, 2006

Montreal weather's like a schizophrenic girlfriend.

So it's been awhile snce I went out on the town. I suppose the weather tunred me into a hermit. Montreal weather's like a schizophrenic girlfriend. I think we forget ourselves when the weather takes over. When it ain't sunny, neither are we. It's incredible how rain can affect one's attitude.

I love rain. But I think it's a gyp when there's no thunder or lightning. When you were a kid your parents had an explanation for just about everything and when there was thunder & iightning you were probably scared at one point. What'd mommy say to her little white kids? 'Oh that's just God bowling and his wife taking pictures with a flash.'

What did a Black momma say?

'God's just washin' the stank mutha fukkuhs off the street.' No explanation for the thunder or the lightning, just the rain. And that's all you had to work with. When you're poor and stressed out, all your imagination skills are commandeered for survival techniques. Makin that bowl a chili last a week. Collectin bottles to buy a quart of milk. Sewin different ripped up shirts into one. I'd get ridiculed by all the kids for a shirt made of three. Even the sleeves weren't the gawtdamn same. Nowadays it's in fashion. Ahead of my time. Again!

What was survival for the poor back in the day has become the delicay of the privileged. I bet your boss over at the Office knows more slang than I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home